November 27, 2010

Fig Jam

Jam is always in demand in the George family. My husband never gets bored of a peanut butter jelly sandwich for breakfast and my daughter likes sweet little treats now and then. I was always intimidated about making Jam and so I never dared to try it. Recently my husband bought a Fig Jam from store that he got addicted to and one day he asked me to try recreat it at home. Well, I took this challenge up and googled a few Fig Jam recipes and tweaked and combined a few ideas and came up with this delicious and absolutely simple recipe that was a hit in my family. I guarantee you will not be disappointed with this recipe and it will sure win hearts !!!

Yield:        6 cups

Ingredients
27 oz. dried figs
3/4 Cup. water
3 Cup brown sugar
1/4 Cup lemon juice

Pour boiling water over the dried figs just enough to soak. Let the figs soak for 10 minutes. Drain, stem and chop figs. Take a  heavy bottom pan add 3/4 cup water and sugar to figs. Slowly bring to a boil, stirring occasionally until sugar dissolves. Cook until thick.
Add lemon juice and cook 1 minute longer.

1 comment :

  1. I can vouch for this recipe. It is absolutely delicious!!

    ReplyDelete

First of all thanks a lot for stopping by my space. I would be very happy to hear from you and would love to see your comments and feedback :)
Thanks a bunch,
Shema

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...