This cake will surely win your heart. The aromatic spices with the luscious apricots and the sweet pineapple does the magic. I have been making this cake very often ever since I have come across this recipe. Its a sure no-brainer.
I am reposting this recipe since I made this cake over the weekend and I was able to take some decent pictures and so here it is !!
Makes a 13*9 Inch cake
For the cake
1 - 8oz can of crushed pineapple in its juice
1/2 C - chopped dried apricot
1/2 C - black raisin
2 C - All purpose flour
1 C - brown sugar
1/2 C - oil
1 1/4 tsp - baking soda
1 tsp - salt
1 tsp - ground cinnamon
1 tsp - vanilla
1/4 tsp - nutmeg powder
1 tsp - orange zest
For topping (optional)
1/2 C - brown sugar
2 tbsp - butter
1/2 C - chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Grease and flour a 13*9 inch baking pan.
- Drain the pineapple and keep it aside. Take the juice and add water to it and make 1 cup juice-water mixture. Heat the mixture and soak the dried fruits in it for 1 hour.
- Mix the dry ingredients together.
- Whisk the eggs.
- Add sugar.
- Add oil and incorporate the dry ingredients to the wet little by little in batches.
- Finally mix in the dry fruit mixture.
- Pour the batter into the pan and garnish with the topping and bake to 45-50 mins
Notes and Tips
- Sifting the flour will give you a nice fluffy cake
- Garnish with dry apricot flowers, raisins and cinnamon sticks as sown in the picture.
Recipe courtesy : Reeja Chechi
Sending this recipe to Manic Monday Party at Bobbi Kozy Kitchen