Here comes the next recipe. I am highly motivated today after receiving incredible feedback from my dear friends about the blog.Thanks to all of you for keeping my spirits high. You don't know how much I value your comments and feedback.
This recipe was shared by my sister while she was on a dieting spree looking for oil-free recipes.
Fish fry is a very frequent dish in most of our families but the 'olfactory' menace after frying the fish along with the oil splashes/stove and frying utensil cleaning can all be rid with this recipe. Most importantly, this recipe is oil-free. Cook healthy and Eat healthy, right?
I have been making this dish at least once a week for the past 4-5 years. Once I started making fish fry this way, I have never gone back to oil-frying the fish. The best fish for this recipe are Salmon and Steelhead Trout which tastes and looks almost the same like Salmon. The rule of thumb is to use a fatty fish that will render its fat onto the crust while it bakes.
3/4 lb - Salmon or Steelhead Trout
1 1/2 Tsp -Red chilly powder
1Tbsp - Fresh Lime Juice or White Vinegar
1/2 Tsp - Salt
1/4 Tsp - Pepper
1/4 Tsp - Turmeric powder
1/4 Tsp - Garlic powder or Fresh Garlic paste
Cooking oil spray
- Mix the red chilly powder, fresh lime juice, salt, pepper,turmeric powder and garlic powder together.
- Wash the fish pieces and dry them with a paper towel.
- Apply the masala (spice rub) mixture onto the fish.
- Line a baking tray with aluminium foil and spray oil
- Place the fish on the foil and bake it for 30-35 mins at 425F. If you want a nice crispy crust, broil it during the last 5 mins. Make sure you keep an eye on the fish while you broil it because it can easily burn the fish.
- I usually make this in my toaster oven. Each oven or toaster has different capacity so please watch the fish while baking to make sure that it doesn't get burnt.