After a weekend with lots of meat devouring and cook-outs, I was really craving for a fish curry paired with some Rice. Hence I decided to treat myself with this heavenly dish. Hope you will enjoy this too!
To be ground
1/2 Cup - Shallots OR 3/4 Cup - Red onions
6 cloves - Garlic
1" - Fresh Ginger
1 1/2 Tbsp - Coriander powder
1 Tsp - Cumin seeds / Jeera
1/2 Tsp - Turmeric powder
1/4 Tsp - Amchur
1/4 Tsp - Garam Masala
6 - Dry red chilly
For Fish curry
1 lb - Fresh Fish like Tilapia
1 Cup - Tomato (Chopped)
1 Cup - Red onions (Sliced)
1/2 Cup - Yogurt
10 - Black peppercorns
1 1/2 Cup - Water
- Grind the ingredients mentioned in the first section withsome water in a blender. Keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the peppercorn followed by onions.Sauteuntil brown.
- Add the ground paste and saute until the water dries off.
- Add tomatoes and saute well. Cook until the tomatoes are soft and blend into the paste.
- Beat the yogurt and add it to the pan. Cook for 8-10 mins.
- Add water and bring it to a boil.
- Add the fish pieces and cook until the gravy is thick.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro.
* The ground masala should be sauteed well to avoid the taste of uncooked onions.
* You can lightly fry the fish and then add it to the curry for richer taste.