These chicken strips can be frozen after you coat them with the crushed crackers. When ready to serve, just take them out of the freezer and bake them directly.
1 lb - Chicken Breast (Boneless)
30 - Salt Crackers (like Ritz)
1/4 C - Yogurt
1/2 Tsp - Black Pepper
1 - Egg
3 cloves - Fresh Garlic
Salt to taste
- Clean and cut the chicken breast into thin strips about 1.5 cm wide.
- Grind the garlic into a smooth paste with 2 tablespoons of yogurt.
- In a large bowl add the garlic paste, salt, pepper, rest of the yogurt and chicken. It is recommended to marinate the chicken overnight or at least for 4 hrs.
- Take the salt cracker in a zip lock bag, seal the bag and crush the cracker with a wooden mallet. Empty the contents into a flat bowl.
- In a separate bowl, crack the egg in and whisk. Season with salt.
- Dip the marinated chicken strips in the egg and then into the cracker mixture until coated completely. Discard the excess marinade.
- Preheat the oven to 425F and cook for 20 minutes or until the chicken is done
- Serve hot with salsa, ketchup or your favorite dip. Enjoy
Notes and Tips
- These chicken strips can be frozen after you coat them with the crushed crackers. When ready to serve, just take them out of the freezer and bake them directly. Thawing is not required but just add a few additional minutes to your baking time.
- The chicken once cooked should not have any pink. The cooked meat will be white and opaque.
- Do not reheat in microwave as it ruins the chicken fingers. Reheat in oven or toaster oven.