Life is indeed keeping me on my toes these days; it gets so busy that I don't even get to do my favorite thing - Food blogging!! I was really feeling the pressure to sit down a pen a few lines and finally took the time today to cook this easy and light meal for my journal. Sabrosa y deliciosa !!!
What is a Taco?
Taco is a traditional Mexican dish composed of a corn or wheat tortilla folded or rolled around a filling. A taco can be made with a variety of fillings, including beef, chicken, seafood, vegetables and cheese, allowing for great versatility and variety. A taco is generally eaten without utensils and is often accompanied by garnishes such as salsa, avocado or guacamole, cilantro, tomatoes, onions and lettuce.
Yields 8 Tacos
For Grilled Fish
1 pound - White flaky fish
2 Tbsp - Oil
2 Tbsp - Lime Juice
1 Tsp - Paprika
3 - Garlic Cloves, crushed into coarse paste
8 - Tortillas
For Pico de Gallo
3 - Tomato, chopped
1 - Onion
1 - Jalapeno, seeded & minced
1 Tbsp - Fresh Lime Juice or Apple cider vinegar
1/4 Cup - Cilantro, chopped
2 - Avocado cubed
Shredded Mexican Cheese Blend
- Whisk together the oil, lime juice, paprika, salt and garlic and pour over the fish. Let marinate for 15 to 20 minutes.
- For Pico de Gallo, mix chopped tomatoes, onions, jalapeno, lime juice, cilantro and salt in a bowl and keep it aside
- Oil the grill plates and preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Remove the fish from the marinade place onto a hot grill, flesh side down. Grill the fish for 4 minutes on the first side and then flip for 30 seconds and remove.
- Let the fish rest for 5 minutes then cut the it into small chunks.
- Place the tortillas on the grill and grill for 20 seconds.
- Divide the fish among the tortillas,add Pico de Gallo and garnish with all the ingredients of your choice
Notes and Tips
- White fish is usually very flaky and delicate so handle it with care on the grill