Today I managed to take some decent pictures (I think...) and I published one on Facebook before actually posting the recipe, just to make everyone guess what was coming up. It was real fun to read the comments and I think the pumpkin liners really confused some :)
This muffin is a subtly flavored mango spongy cake with a hint of lemon. You can definitely try out the different variations I have listed below or try your own flavors and combos. Go crazy and surely let me know how they turn out!!!
Yields : 6 Muffins
1/2 C - Sugar
2/3C - Sweetened Mango puree
1 Cup - All purpose flour
1 1/4 Tsp- Baking powder
1/8 Tsp - Baking Soda
3 Tbsp - Vegetable oil
1 tsp - Lemon or Lime Zest
Few Fresh Mango pieces for garnish (optional)
- Sift the flour, baking powder and baking soda and keep it aside.
- Beat the eggs and sugar well for 3 minutes.
- Add mango puree and oil and mix well.
- Gently fold in flour mixture in batches.
- Pour the prepared batter into ramekins lined with cupcake liners. Add the fresh mango pieces on top (optional)
- Steam over high heat for 15mins or until the inserted toothpick come out clean.
- Strawberry preserves or any fruit jelly/jam
- Banana (mashed)
Notes and Tips
- Please make sure you place the cup cake liners in a ramekin to retain the shape else you will end up with disfigured muffins :) Yes it happened to me the first time I made them
- You can even make them in a pressure cooker.
- You can try any variations listed above