April 27, 2012

Braised Chicken in Tomato sauce

This particular recipe is quite dear to me since I had first coined it probably 10 years ago and have been relying occasionally on it ever since. Back then, I used to live as a paying guest in Hyderabad and being away from home was definitely hard on my ever craving palate. I used to really long for good, warm, home-cooked food that whenever a cooking opportunity presented itself, I would usually jump in along with my roommates and whip up something that we would really crave. My friends really loved this dish when I first made it and ever since, this has been a keeper for me. I believe that these were also my first 'baby steps' towards enjoying cooking and developing a deeper interest in the culinary arts!


 The Soy-sauce marinated chicken is first seared, browned and then cooked in a simple tomato-based sauce. A very simple and easy-to-make recipe with few ingredients but tastes nothing less of sophisticated, this is one dish that is geared to please,  



Serves 8

Ingredients
1 whole - Chicken (approx 4 3/4 Lb)
15 cloves - Garlic
2 1/2 inch - Fresh ginger
1/4 Cup - Soy Sauce
1 Tsp - Chilly powder
6 - Big Tomato
3/4 Tsp - Pepper
Salt
Oil
2-3 - Jalapenos

Direction
  • Grind the ginger and garlic into a fine paste 
  • Marinate the chicken with soy sauce, ginger garlic paste, chilly powder and salt. Allow it marinate for 2 hours. 
  • Heat oil in a heavy-bottomed non-stick pan and shallow-fry the chicken until all the pieces are cooked through and browned. 
  • While the chicken is cooking, add some tomatoes to another non-stick pan. Season with salt and pepper and cook it covered for 15 minutes.Do not add water. After the tomatoes cool, transfer it to a blender to make a puree. 
  • Add tomato puree to the cooked chicken and cook. 
  • Garnish with sliced Jalapenos

1 comment :

  1. it was simply awesoomeee....had tried it.. I must say it was so easy and so much better than expected.. :) Good luck

    ReplyDelete

First of all thanks a lot for stopping by my space. I would be very happy to hear from you and would love to see your comments and feedback :)
Thanks a bunch,
Shema

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...