Curb that sudden chocolate craving in less than 3 minutes, with this quick, warm, moist and delicious goodness-in-a-mug!! If you are like me and get hit with this sudden yearning for some chocolate cake at night or at an odd time of the day, but just get overwhelmed at the thought of extensive baking, waiting and cleaning, then this is just the perfect panacea for you.
WHISK -> MICROWAVE -> EAT within 3 minutes!!!... Now doesn’t that sound awesome? I know!! And that is exactly why I am so excited to share this recipe with you.
I have been trying to perfect this recipe for quite some time and now i think it’s time to share it with all you fellow choco-holics. Do keep in mind though, that this could be really addictive as I have been relying on this quick-fix more and more, simply because it is SO EASY !!!
Serve 1, Yields 1 Mug
3 Tbsp - All-purpose flour (Maida)
2 Tbsp - Unsweetened cocoa powder
2 Tbsp - Oil
1 Tbsp – Nutella (Chocolate Hazelnut spread)
3 Tbsp - Yogurt
2 Tbsp - Sugar
1/8 Tsp - Baking soda
1/8 Tsp - Salt
Fresh seasonal fruits like strawberry
- Add all the ingredients into the cup, and mix with a fork until everything is incorporated well. Do not over-mix
- Microwave (at highest power) for 1 to 2 minutes. (Keep an eye on the cake while it is cooking. If the cake tends to overflow, just take the cup out of the microwave for a few seconds and return it back to continue cooking.
Notes and Tips
- If the mug is small, the ingredients might overflow. I used a 300ml microwave-safe mug.
- Cooking time differs with the microwave and the power setting you have. So keep an eye on the cake while it’s cooking. I just had to cook mine for a little over a minute. If you overcook, you will end up with a dry, rubbery cake
- Do not over-mix the ingredients.
- Keep an eye on the cake while it is cooking. If the cake tends to overflow, just take the cup out of the cup for a few seconds before returning it back to continue cooking
- You can also make this cake in Ramekins but make sure you use less cake batter.
- You can substitute Nutella for Peanut Butter