Ajwain seeds and Capsicum (Bell Pepper)
2 Lb (900gms) - Capsicum / Bell Pepper
6 Tbsp - Besan flour, Chickpea flour
1/2 Tsp – Ajwain / Bishop's weed
1 1/4 Tsp - Chilly powder
1/4 Tsp - Turmeric powder (Haldi)
1/4 Tsp - Cumin powder (Jeera)
3 - Garlic, grated
Oil (about 3 - 4 Tbsp)
- Heat oil in a nonstick sauté pan
- Add ajwain and sauté it for a few seconds.
- Stir in besan, chilly powder, turmeric powder and cumin powder and sauté for 2 minute to make sure that the besan(chickpea flour) is toasted and is no longer raw.
- Add the chopped capsicum, salt and grated garlic and cook until the capsicum is soft and cooked.
Note and Tips
- Cook the capsicum/bell pepper uncovered so that it is not soggy
- When you add Besan to pan make sure you don’t burn it. Neither should it be uncooked else it will taste raw.
- I always add garlic to my dishes as I love the flavor it imparts to the dish. You can skip it if you wish.
- Cut the capsicum/bell pepper in uniform shape so that it cooks uniformly.