We were entertaining a few friends at our place the other day and some of them were not meat eaters. Whenever we have vegetarians visiting, I usually make a paneer dish but this time I wanted to try something new. I cooked up this dish and I guess it was an instant winner since thedish was pretty much swept clean !!
Yield: 8 servings
1 can - Dark Red Kidney beans (Drained and rinsed)
1 can - Light unsweetened coconut milk
1 large bunch - Swiss chard
1/4 C - Onion (Chopped)
4 cloves - Garlic (Chopped)
1/2 Tsp - Red chilly powder
1/8 Tsp - Turmeric powder
1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Heat the oil in a pan and sauté the onions until soft and translucant.
- Add the garlic, chilly powder, turmeric powder and sauté.
- Add chard stalks and cook for 5 mins. Now stir in the leaves.Cook until most of the liquid is evaporated.
- Add the beans and stir fry on medium heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk and cook for 2 mins
- Remove from the heat and stir in the lemon juice.
- You can substitute swiss chard with any greens like spinach, kale, collard greens.