3 Cups - Pasta
2 Cups - Homemade roasted tomato pasta sauce (Click for recipe) or any pasta sauce
3 - Squash or Zucchini (yellow or green)
3 - Heads of Broccoli
2 - Ears of Corn, husked
6 oz - Cream cheese, room temperature
4 cups - Cheese, grated (I used Cheddar, Parmesan, Pecorino Romano)
6 - Basil leaves, chopped
1/2 Cup - Bread crumbs
1 tablespoon - Flaxseed meal (optional)
Salt per taste
- Cook the pasta as per package directions.
- While the pasta is cooking, add a splash of oil to the squash, zucchini, broccoli and corn. Season with salt and pepper and grill them on an outdoor or indoor grill. You can do this in the oven too.
- Cut the corn kernels off the cob with a sharp knife
- In a large bowl add the pasta sauce and cream cheese and whisk to combine
- Add the grilled vegetables, cooked and drained pasta, 2 cups of grated cheese and basil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Mix all ingredients
- Transfer the ingredients to a baking dish (9*13)
- Add the remaining 2 cups of grated cheese, bread crumbs and flax seed meal to the top and bake at 350F for 10 minutes.
- Broil the dish for 2-5 minutes to brown the cheese topping
- You can very well adjust the amount of cream cheese and grated cheese to you preference.
- You can skip grilling the vegetables. Just bake the dish for another 15-20 minutes to cook the veggies with the pasta.
- You can use any kind of pasta you have in your pantry. I used Rotini
Ever since I have started blogging I have been addicted to food photography. I wish I had more time to practice and improve my skills.
I totally admire and adore blogs with good photos and Rosa's blog is one of them. Do check her blog out for inspirational photography and scrumptious recipes. Inspired by her monochrome photos, I tried a few clicks and here they are.