A recent change in my daughter's daycare schedule had my husband dropping hear earlier than usual in the morning, and so I was compelled to pack breakfast for her. Planning for her breakfast took me a while as I was committed to keeping healthy as well as appealing for her, which can be an arduous challenge! Since I leave to work at dawn each day, I had very less time at hand and desperately needed easy and quick recipes.
Well, necessity is the mother of invention and I somehow came up with this wholesome and quick recipe, comprised of whole grains, Chia seeds, Flaxseed and Chopped sunflower seeds. Now breakfast is a breeze and I am content that she is eating healthy..
You can serve the pancake with Honey, Maple syrup, Homemade Blueberry sauce, Nutella, Peanut Butter or any other syrup of your choice.
Other Pancake and Waffle recipes on Lifescoops:
Homamade Whole grains Pancake Mix RecipeYields: 6.5 Cups (approx.)
4 Cup - Wheat flour
2 Cup - Oats
1/8 Cup - Chia seeds
1/8 Cup - Flaxseed powder
1/8 Cup - Chopped sunflower seeds
4 Tablespoon - Baking powder
3 Teaspoon - Baking soda
1 Teaspoon - Salt
4 Tablespoon - Sugar
- Add Oats into a food processor or blender and pulse it until you get course flour
- Chop the sunflower seeds
- Mix all the ingredients together and keep in an air tight container.
- Store pancake mix in the refrigerator for future use
Buttermilk Pancake Recipe:
Yields: 5-6 pancakes
1 - Egg
1/2 Cup – Milk (add more if you like think pancakes)
1 Tsp - Oil
1 Cup – Pancake Mix (Recipe from above)
1 Tsp - Vanilla
1/4 Cup – Buttermilk
Blueberry / Banana / Strawberry
- Beat the egg in a bowl.
- Add the milk, oil, buttermilk and Vanilla and stir
- Add the pancake mix.
- Heat the griddle and pour 1 ladle of batter.
- Once the lower side is cooked flip the pancake and cook the other side.
Notes and Tips
- This a great holiday gift. Pack the pancake mix in individual jars and a gourmet holiday gift is ready for your friends and family!
- You can use any of the optional ingredients mentioned above and jazz up your pancakes.