November 27, 2010

Easy Apple Tart

Tarts were never on my favourite food list because I always felt they were very heavy and full of carbs and fat. But lately I have started liking them .Few weeks ago I was window shopping in the mall and I saw a picture of an Apple Tart at William Sonoma which looked absolutely mouth watering. Coincidental when I came home and switched on the TV Laura Calder (one of my favorites) was baking an Apple Tart which looked delectable !! As soon as the episode on TV got over I checked my pantry and the only thing that I dint have in stock was creme cheese so I grabbed the car keys and went grocery shopping. This recipe has changed my outlook to Tarts and will surely remain as one of my favorite. Thanks Laura :))

Serves 6

Ingredients

For the crust
1/2 cup butter
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
For the cream filling
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup sugar
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

For the top
3 apples, peeled and thinly sliced
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup slivered almonds or chopped walnuts


Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Make the crust: Cream the butter and sugar. Stir in the vanilla. Finally, mix in the flour to make a smooth dough. Press into the bottom of an 8-inch fluted, removeable bottom, tart pan, giving it about a 1-inch rim. Bake 15 minutes, or until lightly golden. Remove the tart shell from the oven.
While the crust bakes, beat together the cream cheese, sugar, egg and vanilla for the cream filling until smooth. Make the topping by tossing the apple slices with the cinnamon, sugar, and nuts.
Remove the tart shell from the oven. Spread over the cream mixture. Arrange the apple slices on top, and then scatter over the nuts. Bake until the apples are tender and golden, about 40 minutes

No comments :

Post a Comment

First of all thanks a lot for stopping by my space. I would be very happy to hear from you and would love to see your comments and feedback :)
Thanks a bunch,
Shema

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...